Monday, August 3, 2009

Some Recent Stuff

Josh Anderson- I'm fine with this move in itself. Anderson is a good base stealer, and an okay defender. He can play all three outfield spaces. He isn't a great hitter and doesn't have much patience though. The problem would be that this team already has Mitch Maier, Ryan Freel, and Willie Bloomquist. How many speedy outfielders can a team have? While I do like the commitment to defense, though Bloomquist doesn't play great OF defense, I think this team should be focusing on fixing other holes. My grade on this is a C+.

Ponson released- Excellent move, but should have been an obvious one. Hopefully this is a sign that DM is seeing that this season is done. Ponson doesn't fit in with this teams future, and so they are better served playing Kyle Davies to see if he does. My grade for this is a B, because it was a great move but should have come sooner.

Other moves I'd like to see made:
Mike Jacobs DFA'd/Kila Ka'aihue called up
Jamey Wright DFA'd/ Chris Hayes called up
John Bale DFA'd/ Carlos Rosa called up
Roman Colon sent to Omaha/Lenny DiNardo called up

No comments:

Post a Comment